1. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it undermines the Gospel’s application of justification by Faith Alone.
If you’re white, then you have privilege and if you have privilege but refuse to acknowledge and renounce it then you are branded as an enemy to the Woke Church. It isn’t enough that you have been justified by faith alone, in Christ alone. The Woke Church gatekeepers are unified in their stance, “In order to be in right standing with God you need to be Woke-again (not only born again).
2. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it undermines the role of sanctification in the believer’s life.
Aside from Jesus, no person has ever lived a perfect life. We are all a wretch in need of the grace and mercy of God, and only in Christ by means of His spirit is the child of God made more like Jesus in sanctification. The Woke Church has no sympathy, patience, or compassion for people who misspeak or who flat out disagree with their worldview. If you cross the Woke church once, saying something they deem to be offensive there is no room for love to cover a multitude of sins; someone has to pay, both figuratively and literally (Reparations.)
3. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it seeks to destroy the unity that Christ already accomplished.
The word of God is clear, In Christ, we are one (Rom.12:5). However, for some reason, the Woke church seems to have selective memory when it comes to this foundational truth. Their social media virtue signaling and grandstanding prove that they would rather please the world than to believe what the Bible says concerning our unity in Christ.
4. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because there is no end game.
The Woke Church has no idea what they are aiming at and because of that, it will never succeed. Other than stirring the pot, making white people feel guilty for their supposed privilege, and financially aiding the Grievance Industry, the Woke Chruch will never succeed in its mission because it doesn’t have a God-glorifying end in mind.
5. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it refuses to forgive its supposed offenders.
In Mattew 18, Peter asks Jesus how many times he should forgive the brother that sins against him. Peter thought 7 times would be more than enough, but Jesus responds to Peter’s question by telling him that he needed to forgive his brother 70x’s 7. In other words, Christians who have been forgiven much by God are to continually forgive others who have sinned against them, especially those in the household of faith. The Woke church never forgives its offenders.
6. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it is rooted in worldly philosophy.
Who needs the Bible when you have all these other cool looking toys over there? The Woke church claims that the Bible is sufficient but argues like it’s obsolete. From its practice in Identity Politics to its constant flirting with Cultural Marxism, the Woke church violates the Apostle John’s admonition in 1 John 2:19-“Love not the world, neither the things in the word…”
7. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because its heroes are unorthodox.
Who needs Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Johnathan Edwards when you have Martin Luther King Jr, James Cone, and Robin DeAngelo. The Woke Churches best heroes are some of the worse theologians.
8. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it keeps people feeling guilty.
I believe it was Dr. James White who rightly said, “There is now therefore much condemnation in the Woke Church.” As stated in a previous point, the Woke church is not looking to forgive its offenders, instead, it wants to keep them in a constant state of guilt and shame.
9. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it does not understand the Law of God.
Follow any SJW on Twitter and you will quickly see that they have a disregard for the Law of God. Their Tweets promote favoritism toward one race, regardless of the facts. Their practical solutions to “bridging the gap” between the races are much more akin to Socialism than the justice promoted in God’s law.
10. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because its leaders are overly emotional, sensitive, and just plain weak.
From their constant complaints of microaggressions to their ongoing plea for the need of Safe Spaces, the Woke church is like a middle-aged man who still lives at home with his parents and gets upset when he is asked to clean up after himself; They just can’t seem to grow up.
11. The Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission because it practically rejects the sovereignty of God.
Make no mistake about it, the Woke Church does not have a problem with the White man but their issue is with the Holy God who ordains all things to come to pass whatsoever they are.
1 thought on “The upside down church: 10 reasons why the Woke Church Movement will ultimately fail in its mission.”
Can you talk about those “so-called” confrontations? Are you speaking about face to face meetings? Or people tweeting each other? An what’s not honest, unloving, selfish and hostile about them?
I’m asking sincerely. With the little information I have, I’ve wondered why people haven’t sat down and engaged in conversation. Maybe they have an I’m just not aware of it happening.